Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Prayer To Selene For Any Operation

This hymn from the Greek Magical Papyri, is addressed to Selene even though it is clearly a hymn to Hekate. The confusion of title probably arose from the syncretisation of the goddesses in the hymn, with Selene being mentioned first.

The invocation is meant to be accompanied by an offering. In keeping with other contemporary magickal practices, fragrant resins and herbs are used for positive magick. Incenses such as storax, myrrh, sage, frankincense, and (surprisingly) a fruit pit are recommended.

When calling up such a powerful and terrible deity, it's always a good idea to bring protective charms, generous offerings, and a spirit of deep respect and reverence.



Here's the invocation:

O three-faced Selene, come to me beloved mistress
Graciously hear my sacred spells;
Image of Night, Youthful One...


... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Widdershins, and can be found in its entirety here: Prayer To Selene For Any Operation


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin