Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Egg Charms:

Eggs are an ancient symbol of fertility, new life, and the cycle of birth, death and rebirth of the Universe. As such, they make terrific charms for fertility, pregnancy, new endeavors, and similar types of magick. These types of charms are fairly easy, and very versatile.

Start with raw eggs. My favorite tool to pierce the shell is a small nail ~ for some reason, I've never had good luck piercing the shells with needles.

Pierce the narrow end of the shell with a tiny hole. At the wider end of the egg, use the nail to pierce a wider hole. This is the trickiest part of the operation, but I've been lucky and only lost a few eggs. Just handle the eggs gently, and once you make the hole in the wider end, use the tip of the nail to gently enlarge the hole.

Then, for those of you who have never done this before, simply place your lips over the smaller hole and blow. (No, you don't want to know what it looks like! LOL)...

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Book of Shadows, and can be found in its entirety here: Egg Charms

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin